Canadian Arctic Sleeping Bag
A modular sleep system from the Canadian Armed Forces – in superb, lightly used condition; perfect for cold weather adventures. Consisting of five separate components, this kit offers significant protection from extreme cold:
1. Outer bag (NSN 8465-21-842-6078). Nylon with down insulation. Weight: 2.2 kg. Width: 80 cm (shoulder), 50 cm (foot).
2. Inner bag (NSN 8465-21-842-6079). Nylon with down insulation. Weight: 2.2 kg. Width: 75 cm (shoulder), 50 cm (foot).
3. Liner (NSN 8465-21-842-6080). Cotton. Weight: 0.8 kg
4. Hood (NSN 8465-21-842-6081). Nylon outer, cotton inner and synthetic insulation together with Velcro fastenings and elasticated arm loops. Weight: 0.3 kg.
5. Storage sack (NSN 8465-21-107-4616). Water resistant nylon with a draw-code closure. Can be used as an emergency water carrier. Weight: 0.3 kg.
Approximate total weight: 5.8 kg. Packed size: 66 x 37 cm.
Both bags feature high quality brass YKK zips and baffles along the length of each to eliminate cold spots. Ties enable the bags and liner to be fastened together.
The hood is designed to be worn like a balaclava; the sleeping bags then fastens around the collar of the hood which extends down the back, shoulders and chest. Velcro at two positions on the hood allow the opening to be adjusted based on the temperature and user's preference. In milder conditions a single bag could be used.
We understand these bags were originally rated to -40 °C.
For comparison we have included a picture of one of our used Canadian bags next to an Alpkit Alpine Dream 900 (-20 °C comfort rated).
This kit shows almost no signs of use with the exception of some minor grubby marks on the outside of the storage sack.
If you're looking for a flexible sleeping bag for use in extreme conditions you won't be disappointed with this superb example.
Shipping to Europe from £20 and the USA from £30.
Only 1 left in stock